Tips for Improving your Business’ Phone Practices
With travel costs through the roof, more and more businesses and salespeople are having to rely on phone calls in order to build rapport with potential clients/customers. The problem is that many salespeople do not processes the skills necessary to effectively build relationships and close deals over the phone. Many inexperienced salespeople (and even some experienced ones) talk too fast, mumble, blather, make remarks that would only make sense with an accompanying hand gesture, etc.
Tips to Improve Your Business Telephone Skills
1. Record and Review: Record a few of your business phone conversations. Listen to hear what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong. These strengths and weaknesses will be much more evident when you listen to yourself.
2. Agenda: Know what you are going to say and have talking points ready. Nothing kills a phone call more than silence.
3. Listen: Make sure you are actually listening to what your potential customer/client has to say.
4. Pause Briefly Before Responding: Silence is bad. Pausing is good. Take a second or two to formulate an intelligent thought before responding to a questions or comment. Nothing sounds more unprofessional that “uuuuuum.”
5. Leave The Telesales and Telemarketing to the Professionals: When in doubt, leave your company’s telesales and telemarketing duties to the professionals, like Grindstone Business Development.
Grindstone is a full service, outsourced Business Development Company providing professional sales support and complete sales outsourcing solutions to Domestic and International clients alike. Grindstone specializes in Business to Business (B2B) programs including direct telesales, lead generation, database updating, customer retention, and B2B appointment setting services. Grindstone recruits, manages, and maintains top level talent through a superior management infrastructure. Consistent communication, feedback, and strategy refinement are a core trait. Grindstone is an extension of each client’s business and operates at the highest levels of professionalism. Every client program starts with the goal of establishing a long-term ongoing partnership.
So go back to doing what you do best and let Grindstone handle all of your business’ sales!
If you have any questions our Outsourced Telesales, please contact Grindstone – based out of Baltimore, Maryland -by calling 1-888-724-7463 or click here today!