Sales is far from an exact science. It is fairly unpredictable. But there are some subtle signs you can pay attention to find out how well your current sales pitch is going. So what should you be looking out for?
Here are five signs that your sale is going sour:
1) Your Potential Client Seems Indifferent: An interested prospect will be full of questions. Indifference is the first sign of defeat. To combat this problem, be less of a sales person and more of an advisor. Offer a solution to their problem, even if it is not your solution. This will help to foster a relationship of trust. And sales is all about relationships.
2) There is No Hard Deadline for a Decision: Urgency is important. You should ask your potential clients to offer you a timeframe. This way to can prioritize your clients accordingly. One way to firm up deadlines is to offer limited-time discounts to create this all-important urgency.
3) You are Dealing with THE Decision Maker: If you aren’t put in touch with a decision maker after a few conversations, you should be wary. This is probably a sign that the company is not interested in buying at this time. The best way to circumvent this problem is to create a presentation that your contact can easily pass on to his/her superiors. After this, you may want to request a quick conference call with the senior-level person involved. But remember, you need to respect the person you are dealing with while still trying to get an audience with a real decision maker.
4) You’re Price is Too High: If your competitors are offering a lower price, focus more on the superior services you can provide. What makes your higher price tag worth the extra money? If you can’t justify the price difference, how can your potential client justify spending more?
5) You are Asked for a Proposal and Not a Conversation: Business is all about the relationship. Find anyway you can to get your foot in the door and have a face-to-face conversation. This may be hard, but you have to try.
So get out there and start trying to make some sales. Or you can outsource these duties to a professional business development company like Grindstone.
Grindstone is a full service, outsourced Business Development Company providing professional sales support and complete sales outsourcing solutions to Domestic and International clients alike. Grindstone specializes in Business to Business (B2B) programs including direct telesales, lead generation, database updating, customer retention, and appointment setting services. Grindstone recruits, manages, and maintains top level talent through a superior management infrastructure. Consistent communication, feedback, and strategy refinement are a core trait. Grindstone is an extension of each client’s business and operates at the highest levels of professionalism. Every client program starts with the goal of establishing a long term ongoing partnership.
If you have any questions, contact Grindstone Business Development by calling 1-888-724-7463 or click here today!
#limitedtimediscounts #getanaudiencewitharealdecisionmaker #signsthatyoursaleisgoingsour #GrindstoneBusinessDevelopment #salespitch #YourPotentialClientSeemsIndifferent #YouareAskedforaProposalandNotaConversation #outsource #YouareDealingwithTHEDecisionMaker #FiveSignsYoureLosingaSaleAndHowtoSaveit #salesoutsourcingsolutions #professionalsalessupport #databaseupdating #fosterarelationshipoftrust #Grindstone #B2B #potentialclients #Businesstobusiness #salesisallaboutrelationships #sales #professionalbusinessdevelopmentcompany #interestedprospect #outsourcedBusinessDevelopmentCompany #firmupdeadlines #DirectTelesales #appointmentsettingservices #salesperson #HowtoTellifYoureLosingaSale #ThereisNoHardDeadlineforaDecision #YourePriceisTooHigh #Leadgeneration #customerretention